Become a Friend of Community Circles
Friends of Community Circles help us spread the word about the power of Circles so we can reach more people and change more lives.
There’s no minimum monthly time commitment required to become a Friend. All we ask is that you seek out opportunities to promote what Community Circles can do, in order to help us to change more lives for the better.
What do Friends do?
As a Friend of Community Circles, you will be given access to a set of resources and guides to help you to promote Circles, such as animations, presentation slides, leaflets and posters. You can then choose how you want to spread the word. Friends can undertake a wide range of tasks, from big to small, depending on how much time they have available to contribute. Some things that Friend might choose to do include:
- Talking to local carers’ groups about what Circles are, how they might benefit from one, and how to get one
- Spreading the word via social media
- Holding an information stall at a local fair
- Putting up posters in community centres, volunteering centres, and other relevant places
- Visiting residential care homes or day care centres to hand out information and talk to people who might benefit from a Circle, or their families
- Seeking out opportunities to promote Circles in the media, such as on the local radio or on the news
The benefits of being a Friend
Being a Friend could:
- Support your personal wellbeing, by knowing you are making a valuable contribution
- Help you to refine your skills in communication, marketing and social media
- Add valuable, real-world communications experience to your CV
- Broaden your own personal contact network
Sound good? Sign up now!
Complete the form below to sign up to be a Friend, and we’ll send you a badge and a welcome pack in the post. You’ll also gain access to our Friends area on the website, where you can download resources about being a Friend and get started in spreading the word!