What people like and admire about me...
What's important to me
- To spend time with my family and see or speak to my daughters each week.
- Go to Ellie’s yoga class each week and stay in touch through our family What’s App group.
- To see and support my mum at weekends
- To meditate, go to 2 – 3 yoga classes each week and run most days
- To read or listen to an audiobook everyday
- To keep learning new skills. At the moment I am learning to play the Ukulele.
- To live by the sea
- To swim in the sea with the Pandemic Paddlers three or four times a week and in a lake at the weekend with Jackie
- To keep in touch with people through Facebook, Linked In and Twitter, and share learning on Linked in, and through blogs and podcasts
- To work three days a week, with Michelle, Emily and Ben and see them in our weekly tactical meetings.
- To be supported by Claire
- To write to consolidate my thinking, and to share what we are learning. I usually have a writing project on the go.
- To have honest, trusting relationships with everyone I work with.
How best to support me
- Know that I get frustrated playing telephone tag. Text and emails work best for me, or booking a time for a call.
- Get back to me when you say you will, and meet deadlines we have agreed or let me know if this is not possible (before the deadline is missed!).
- Know that I drown in detail, but love thinking big picture and strategy.
- Be upfront and straight with me – please don’t rely on me second guessing you or picking up hints.I need people to be frank and honest.
- Know that I get frustrated repeating discussions because we can’t remember what we agreed thefirst time we talked about it. Please make sure we always know who is recording actions in meetingsor conversations.