What people like and admire about me
- Down to earth
- Great fun
What is important to me
- To be involved in work that lights my fire and to feel that I am learning and stretching myself.
- That I have chances to question thinking and decision-making.
- To be around “can do” people. I am a glass half full person and am at my best when people look for solutions.
- To do family stuff. I love it when we randomly get together for meals, gigs and trips. Staying in touch weekly through text, whats app and facebook.
- That I have opportunities to kick back and have fun with colleagues- doing something around our team meetings is good.
- To feel connected to the people I work with, this can be face to face, on the phone, by social media or text and e-mail and to be in touch at least monthly.
- To understand the bigger picture and where my part is within it.
- To feel that I know what I am talking about and feel sufficiently prepared for whatever I am involved in.
- To see my grandchildren Oliver, Nicholas and Florence at least once a week and to get photos of them when I am working.
- To make time to exercise at least 3 times a week and to do that with a member of my family or a friend.
- To get to my allotment at least 3 times a week.
- To keep up to date with my online scrabble games at least 3 times a week.
- I always have a book on the go. I love science fantasy and the classics, and must read every night.
- Having some sort of home improvement project on the go, my garden is my current obsession.
How best to support me...
- I am always hungry for new experiences and to learn. However, this means I may need reminding about my work/life balance and whether the work marries with my passions and interests and complements work I may already be involved in.
- I am at my best when I have freedom to be creative. Having a flexible framework or outline works best for me as opposed to a blank page. I have a tendency to procrastinate if I am starting something from scratch.
- I am a fiercely passionate person and this can sometimes make me appear brash or abrasive.
- Let me know, I will respond well to a humorous approach from those who know and care about me.
- Although I am a confident, outgoing person, I have a tendency to self-flagellate about things.
- Help me with this by getting me to talk through and analyse the issue.
- I love variety but can feel overwhelmed if I have too much on the go.
- If I don’t understand something fully, I will revisit and question it until I do. Please be patient if this feels repetitive.
- I think best with other people and value opportunities to talk through ideas or problems.
- I value open, honest and constructive feedback. I’m not very skilled at reading between the lines or second-guessing.